Author Topic: Ultra4 Racers, Wide Open Buggies and Rally Cars At Rausch in November...  (Read 2670 times)

Offline spalind

• open/open
On the same course, looking for the win...Yup, not till late November but I'm making it happen here on the East Coast thanks to Bruce and Lynn. No I'm not some bigwig promoter. Yes, I am here and accountable unlike some shady operators in recent years (hell, google my house--8 Glance Rd., Windham, NH if you like...if I ef up you can come and hold me accountable personally). I'm just a reasonably motivated motorsports fan who wants to take it one step beyond competing...The press release can be found here: http://nismostuff.blogspot.com/2012/02/epas-announcement.html

Feel free to ask any questions you have or concerns that come up and I will do my best to answer them.  Bruce is going to be mentioning this at Motorama this weekend and I will be popping in and out of Rausch all year long.  I hope to meet many of you in the very near future!

Offline Bruce

• RC Officer
  • RC Officer
  • Insane crawler
Re: Ultra4 Racers, Wide Open Buggies and Rally Cars At Rausch in November...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 03:34:44 PM »
Dan thanks for helping to make this happen at RC.  Looking forward to what this will bring to your group and ours.

No Politics In Four Wheeling   NOT..............

Offline Rockhound

• Insane crawler
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 07:20:29 PM »
Kyle was just telling me about this, sounds like it will be fun.
Jay

Team AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sports # 222
Thank you Sponsors
A-Z FABRICATION
Dave's Offroad Supply
Rausch Creek Offroad Park
Clayton Offroad
QUADRATEC
Ed & Marcy's Hanover Inn ***MMmmmm wings

Offline mferrari

• locked & lifted
  • Delmarva Offroad
    • www.DelmarvaOffroad.com
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 07:53:05 PM »
Link broken
Team 120 - DOR Racing - Racing for Operation Homefront

Thanks a ton to our team sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engines - Under Cover Fab - Quigley Driveshafts

Offline Lynn

• RC Officer
  • Insane crawler
  • We're Going Wheelin'
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 09:10:45 PM »
Over on the right side of the page, click on Link to Blog Homepage, that takes you to the announcement.

Offline zj98

• RC park staff
  • Insane crawler
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 10:51:08 PM »

This sounds like it will be fun. Looking forward to helping working you at the race.   

See if this link works better

http://nismostuff.blogspot.com/
Bernie
I would like to thank Rausch Creek Off Road Park, Clayton off road, Quigley Driveshafts, A to Z Fabrication and Team Ramrod offroad.
94 grand V8 with 7 inch Clayton long arm, 231 swap with SYE. Dana 44a welded. Quigley driveshafts, OBA

Offline spalind

• open/open
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 10:13:48 AM »
Link in original post fixed, or go here: http://nismostuff.blogspot.com/2012/02/epas-announcement.html

Thanks for the positive words.  I'm hoping to make this an interesting event for all involved while keeping it fun and low stress.  The best laid plans....But I'll do my best!

Offline zachv

• Park Sponsor
  • Insane crawler
    • AtoZ Fabrication
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 10:58:01 AM »
Does this mean that the U4 cars can drive over the Wide Open buggies without Bruce being mad at us??   :hilarious:
AtoZ FABRICATION, INC.
570-385-3931
www.atozfabrication.c om

Offline spalind

• open/open
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 01:23:57 PM »
Does this mean that the U4 cars can drive over the Wide Open buggies without Bruce being mad at us??   :hilarious:

If they can catch them!

Offline Rockhound

• Insane crawler
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 03:12:03 PM »
I have driven both, and I think the u4 cars are faster ;-) I guess I am keeping my smaller tires.
Jay

Thank you Sponsors
A-Z FABRICATION
Dave's Offroad Supply
Clayton Offroad
QUADRATEC

Offline HeavyMetal

• Park Sponsor
  • locked & lifted
    • HeavyMetalConcepts
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 06:32:51 PM »
Same date as the Ultra4 National Championship...damn!  no clue which I will be at, but this sounds awesome.
-Will

Photography - Film - Design
www.heavymetalconcept s.com

Offline Bruce

• RC Officer
  • RC Officer
  • Insane crawler
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 06:59:47 PM »
Same date as the Ultra4 National Championship...@#$%!  no clue which I will be at, but this sounds awesome.

Your kidding!!!!

:angrysoapbox_sml: :angrysoapbox_sml: :angrysoapbox_sml:

This is so hard with all of their races and our dates for events to make it all work. 
No Politics In Four Wheeling   NOT..............

Offline HeavyMetal

• Park Sponsor
  • locked & lifted
    • HeavyMetalConcepts
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 07:12:27 PM »
Wish I was kidding!

Same date as the Ultra4 National Championship...@#$%!  no clue which I will be at, but this sounds awesome.

Your kidding!!!!

:angrysoapbox_sml: :angrysoapbox_sml: :angrysoapbox_sml:

This is so hard with all of their races and our dates for events to make it all work.
-Will

Photography - Film - Design
www.heavymetalconcept s.com

Offline 87jeepwrangler

• locked & lifted
  • whats an a$$ spider?
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 11:06:49 PM »
Feel free to ask any questions you have or concerns that come up and I will do my best to answer them.  Bruce is going to be mentioning this at Motorama this weekend and I will be popping in and out of Rausch all year long.  I hope to meet many of you in the very near future!

looking forward to this.

what kind of mileage would a race like this be?
how many cars might show up?
more of a bruce/lynn question, but where specifically would the course be?

Offline spalind

• open/open
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 09:00:05 AM »

looking forward to this.

what kind of mileage would a race like this be?
how many cars might show up?
more of a bruce/lynn question, but where specifically would the course be?

I think you'll find me a fairly straightforward person so I'll be clear here--If you have the budget and were planning on heading to Blackwell for the Ultra4 Championship, please, continue to plan on doing so.  Its not that I don't WANT you to come to Rausch to compete but I would hate for anyone to miss a National type event to come to what is, admittedly, a more grassroots, low key affair and then look back and wish that they had made the trip to Texas.

However, if you were not heading to Texas for the National event, I think you will end up finding this to be a fantastic substitute that will offer something unique, containing a different level of competition that other Ultra4 events.

As far as the specifica questions above:

1--Each "stage" is to be designed to be in the 3-5 mile range and normal plans are for a total of 12 stages over the course of the day.  So between 36 and 60 miles is the predicted scenario. Without knowing the # of competitors at this point or the exact route, that is my best guess at this point.  Could go higher if the # of competitors is low and/or the whole event goes relatively smoothly, or could be on the low side if the # of competitors is on the high end and there are an s-storm of issues.

2--My current prediction for the # of cars to attend is about 20.  I announced this to the "rally" community at the same time as I did to the Ultra4 community and I have received about 6 teams that have stated they are definately coming to this event already.

3--When I was down looking over the area a few weekends back, the area indicated for use is the same as where the Baja Challenge cars are running and where the Ultra4 cars have their "start/finish" line/covered pavillion--the area right across the street from the main parking lot.

Thanks for your interest.  Hope to see many of you there!  Feel free to reach out to me any time with any questions or issues:  Dan Spalinger, 603-459-8825, spalind@yahoo.com

Offline Rockhound

• Insane crawler
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 07:15:25 PM »
Oh, for the racers, the baja course is a lot smoother now per Kyle. I will be inspecting it this weekend.  :biggrin:
Jay

Thank you Sponsors
A-Z FABRICATION
Dave's Offroad Supply
Clayton Offroad
QUADRATEC

Offline zj98

• RC park staff
  • Insane crawler
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 10:41:48 PM »
Oh, for the racers, the baja course is a lot smoother now per Kyle. I will be inspecting it this weekend.  :biggrin:

There has been a lot of work going on in that area lattley. It is like a paved road.   
Bernie
I would like to thank Rausch Creek Off Road Park, Clayton off road, Quigley Driveshafts, A to Z Fabrication and Team Ramrod offroad.
94 grand V8 with 7 inch Clayton long arm, 231 swap with SYE. Dana 44a welded. Quigley driveshafts, OBA

Offline fkoffroad

• one locker
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 12:16:16 PM »

There has been a lot of work going on in that area lattley. It is like a paved road.   

What fun is that ::)
Craig
Driver Team: 513 A to Z fabrication rock sports

Offline zj98

• RC park staff
  • Insane crawler
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 09:13:42 PM »

What fun is that ::)

Oh don't worry it will be plenty of fun.   :arcadefreak:
Bernie

Offline Timmay

• two lockers
Any more updates on this race?  Is it official?  Might be my shake down run...